Imagine you have released a new product feature, or maybe published a customer case study, or you’re about to attend a trade show. Ideally, you’d like all of your customers, partners, team members, and leads to know about each one of these events.
How do you make this happen?
Here at Blue Seedling, we define a marketing campaign to accompany notable events, and create a list of all marketing channels and activities we’ll run as part of the campaign. We don’t promise full coverage (in fact, we’re pretty sure we’re not going to reach all of your audience), but by using a document that’s similar to our template, you can make sure you’re maximizing your coverage and not forgetting any important (or trivial) channels.
Naturally, you’ll need to tailor our list to your company setup and specific campaign needs. For example, let’s say you just launched a new product feature and you want to announce it to the world. After going over our list, you decide to:
- Write an announcement blog post
- Send a newsletter to your entire marketing database
- Send an additional dedicated email to your customers
- Mention the feature in the relevant page on your site
- Post about the feature on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ask your team to change their email signature to a new one that mentions the new feature.
Our launch list template is here.
The bottom line
Honestly, nothing here is groundbreaking. 🙂 But this simple template has helped us getting our message out there, and making sure we don’t forget anything when we announce something important.